23 August, 2011

New Photo Challenge

365 days and 2,728.8 miles separate these two photos, they were my first and last photos for my 365project.

And I loved doing the 365project, but it was time consuming and hard. Toward the end of it I felt I was just sucking, struggling to get a photo before going to bed each night. But, for the most part, I liked that it made me get out the camera every day. Since I've finished I haven't taken as many photos as I would like. So I've decided to set myself a new challenge. I hated that I started the 365project on just the random day I found the site, so I've decided to start this new challenge on a day that means something, my birthday, which is today!

Because of my work schedule, my week starts on Tuesday (luckily today is a Tuesday). So on Tuesdays I will set my shiny new iPod (awesome birthday present by the way, thanks Dad and Linda) to shuffle all my music and whatever song pops up will be my photo assignment for the week. I will illustrate either the song as a whole, or a passage from the lyrics, and post the photo to this blog by the following Monday. I will set some limits on the music selection, no repeat songs, no two songs by the same artist on consecutive weeks, etc... But other than that it will be completely random.

The first song selected by Apple's infinite wisdom is "Mad World" by Tears for Fears. Photo to come by Monday and next weeks song by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment