30 April, 2012

New York [1/50]

I figured I would start marking states off my list with the easiest one, the one we're living in right now. It's easiest because all the photos I have from here are digital. (A lot of my older stuff is on film and I'm scanning prints.) And, of course, I have the most photos from places we have lived.

Generally the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of New York is New York City; the subway,
 Central Park,


 the skyline,




 Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, Grand Central Station.




But sometimes people for get that New York is a huge state (for the East Coast), not just a huge city. There is history,
Lock 57 of the Genesee Valley Canal

The Castle on the Hill in Dansville, a turn-of-the-century era health spa.

 agriculture,
New York is 2nd in the country for apples, Washington being first of course.


lakes and rivers, forests and wetlands,


fall foliage that attracts tourists


and, my favorite, waterfalls.






The bottom, non-NYC, photos are much more representative of the experiences we've had in New York, but I think they all fit. 

Wow, that was WAY more photos than I was intending for New York. But I'm not undoing it now. Most of the states will have fewer photos than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment